Sales from our Thrift Stores help finance our Emergency Assistance Programs.
Donations of items in working and usable conditions by generous people throughout the Kanawha Valley are greatly appreciated.
We accept items such as:
- Clothing and Accessories
- Kitchen and Household Items
- Toys and Electronics
- Couches, Love Seats, Chairs
- Tables, Dining Sets
We are currently NOT accepting the following items:
- Books / Magazines (unless authorized)
- Broken Furniture
- Drop-Side Cribs
- Exercise Machines (unless authorized)
- Firearms / Ammunition
- Gas Appliances (unless authorized)
- Hospital Beds
- Non-Working Appliances (unless authorized)
- Pianos / Organs
- Soiled Mattress / Box Springs
- Stones / Bricks
- Waterbeds / Waterbed Frames
- Wet / Molded Clothing
- Entertainment Centers / TV Stands
- Console Stereos
- Billiard Tables (unless authorized)
Because we desire to protect the environment and value the health and safety of our staff and volunteers, we cannot accept the following items:
- Automobile Parts
- Chemicals / Pesticides
- Flammable / Combustible Materials
You may drop-off your donations at either one of our Thrift Stores located at: 1620 7th Avenue, Charleston’s West Side or 3631 7th Avenue, North Charleston. Both locations are open Monday – Friday.
We know not everyone can make a financial donation, however, there are ways you can volunteer. We hold several events throughout the year such as our annual Circle of Hope Drive, Christmas Basket distribution, just to name a few.
We are always looking for volunteers to help in our donation center and food pantry.
For more information on volunteering, please call Chris Akers at 304-344-3407 or send an email to email@example.com.